Call Us: (802) 674-6609
Services and Amenities
Elder Care Services and Amenities
Our full spectrum of elder care services includes clinical coordination; nursing care; and physical, cognitive, and speech rehabilitation (or therapies). In addition, we have a dentist, podiatrist, and therapist who make house calls alongside our doctors. Cedar Hill’s staff and onsite counselors can work with families and residents during the adjustment period and as needed.
Short-Stay Rehabilitation at Cedar Hill
A recent surgery, injury, or illness may prompt the need for a short-term physical rehabilitation stay. At Cedar Hill, we offer a coordinated, holistic approach to rehabilitation. Our interdisciplinary team is comprised of professionals specializing in providing physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech and language therapy. Individual evaluations are completed and a comprehensive treatment plan is created that is designed to assist you in achieving your highest level of independence.
A Holistic Approach
As we age our bodies face increased physical challenges. Healing and improving your physical, as well as your emotional well-being, is our goal at Cedar Hill. Our holistic approach includes physical (PT), occupational (OT), and speech (ST therapies as well as progressive programs designed to enhance mind, body, and spirit.
We create a homelike, healing environment that optimizes recovery. When you are ready, we also work with you to secure the support services and equipment you need to return home. Our rehab program incorporates treatments to manage pain, reduce falls, and promote healing from injuries.
Our therapy staff works collaboratively with our nursing, dietary, social services, and recreational activity staff. Our therapy gym includes heat, ultrasound, and other forms of treatment to enhance healing and pain management. We treat many different conditions, including (but not limited to):
- CVA/Stroke Rehabilitation
- Fractures (Hip, Shoulders, and other bones)
- Total Joint Replacement
- Generalized Weakness/Deconditioning
- Pain Management
- Dementia Care
Physical therapy is the skilled treatment of musculoskeletal and neuromuscular problems that affect a person’s ability to move and function. A physical therapist will work with you to evaluate your strength, mobility, and flexibility. Our physical therapists prepare an individualized exercise program to increase your strength and promote better physical performance.
Occupational therapy focuses on giving a person the “skills for the job of living” an independent and satisfying life. Our therapist will evaluate your ability to complete everyday tasks including cooking, bathing, and dressing. They work with individuals whose daily living routines have become a challenge to incorporate new strategies and equipment to help you live more comfortably at home.
Speech Therapists work with people who have trouble speaking and communicating, due to stroke or other complications. They also work with individuals who are having problems swallowing and people who have cognitive disorders, such as dementia. A speech therapist can help individuals and families develop new ways to communicate.
Available to Everyone
Cedar Hill’s rehabilitation services are part of the broader Cedar Hill Community, including the Village Independent and Assisted Living residences and Judith Brogren Memory Care Center, and services are available to all residents, as well as the general public.
Need a break from caregiving? Whether it’s for an afternoon or a month away, Respite Care enables the family caregiver to run errands or take a break, even go on a much-needed vacation without worrying about leaving your loved one alone at home. This service is offered in every part of our community. In addition to providing a break, respite care can also be a valuable testing ground to see if your loved one might be ready to make the transition. Give us a call for details.
Services and amenities we offer include:
- Long-term Care
- Respite Care
- Outpatient Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health Services
- In-house Physicians & Nurses
- On-call Medical Professionals
- Dedicated Exam Room
- Regular Health & Wellness Screenings
- Three Home-Made Meals per day Prepared Fresh by our Chefs (plus snacks)
- Housekeeping/Laundry Services
- Washers, dryers, free detergent, ironing board and iron
- On-call Hairdresser in Full Service Salon Onsite
- Spa Services Available
- 24-hour Emergency Call System
- Personal Care Attendants for Assisted Living
- Transportation for Group Outings or offsite doctor visits
- Community multi-purpose rooms
- Greenhouse & outdoor raised garden beds
- Private mailboxes
- Grounds and building maintenance
- Landscaping & snow removal
- Parking for residents & guests
- All Utilities including
- Radiant floor heating and in-room thermostats for heat and a/c
- Water & Sewer
- Trash & recycling
- Hi Speed Internet
- *telephone & cable service NOT included
- Transportation vans for trips to the doctor or for group outings
- Regularly scheduled outings, musical entertainment, exercise programs, crafts, gardening, movies
- On-site religious services
- Pet-Friendly – small dogs, cats, birds are all welcome
- On-call Veterinarian and Groomer for Pets
- A Full, Fun, Monthly Activities Calendar in all our neighborhoods.
Contact us to find out more about Services at Cedar Hill.