Inquiries: (866) 296-3716
LNA Job Description
Cedar Hill Health Care Corporation
LICENSED NURSING ASSISTANT
Under the direction of the charge nurse /or Nurse Manager, provides direct care to residents, assists in monitoring skin condition, mouth care, bowel status, nutrition, hydration, incontinence, and documents care given. Reports to nurse any change in condition.
1. Education: High school graduate or equivalency.
2. Completion of 120 hour Nurse Assistant Training Course and successful passing of State Evaluation.
3. Licensure: Current license in the State of Vermont.
4. Experience: None necessary.
Balancing, climbing, crouching, fingering, grasping, kneeling, lifting 35 pounds, pulling, pushing, reaching, standing and stooping. Ability to hear, feel, see, smell, speak, and taste adequately to perform the functions of the job.
Must be well groomed and dressed professionally at all times
- Able to follow established performance standards and perform duties according to nursing service policies and procedures.
- Accountability for compliance with federal, state and local regulations within the unit assigned and within his/her span of control.
- Able to control emotions and to consistently work cooperatively with residents, nurses, other nursing assistants, physicians, families, consultant personnel, ancillary service providers and administration.
- Assumes accountability for data contained in personnel policy book.
- Reports to work when scheduled on time and in appropriate dress.
- Provide direct care to residents as assigned.
- Identify special resident problems and changes in condition and report them immediately to supervisor.
- Initiate corrective action as necessary and/or seek assistance of supervisor.
- Identify safety hazards and emergency situations and initiate corrective action.
- Participates in facility education programs.
- Follows facility procedures related to control of equipment and supplies.
- Participates in resident care conferences and other facility meetings as assigned.
- Reviews care plans and performs care as outlined.
- Documents the care and treatment provided to the resident and the resident’s response to care provided.
- Listens to resident and family complaints and concerns and reports to nurse.
- Answers call lights promptly.
- Assists residents with meals or feeds residents as necessary and accurately records fluid intake, percentage of food taken.
- Toilets and accurately documents results.
- Accurately measures and records output as necessary.
- Weighs residents and takes vital signs as assigned.
- Follows infection control policies.
- Follows Resident’s Rights policies.
- Maintains resident’s unit and belongings in a clean, orderly condition.
- Assures that resident’s personal care items are labeled with resident’s name.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Note: The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned this job description. This description of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of a similar nature or level of responsibility.