Inquiries: (802) 232-3942
Clinical Coordinator/Nurse Manager
Cedar Hill Continuing Care Community
Position: Clinical Coordinator/Nurse Manager
Under the direction of the DNS & ADNS, assists in the coordination of all clinical services within the Nursing Home. Carries themselves in a professional manner at all times, follows the policies and procedures and carries out duties within the state and federal regulations.
Education: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
Licensure: Current Registered Nursing License in Vermont
Experience: One year in geriatrics and long term care, with supervisory experience preferred.
Degree of Supervision: minimal
Job Type: Full-time
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 35lbs. on occasion while administering care to resident etc.
- Manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination
- May have some exposure to communicable diseases
- Stooping, kneeling, and/or crouching daily in delivery of resident care, starting I.V.s, obtaining medications/equipment from drawers etc.
- Standing and walking more than 5 hours per day in administering resident care in multiple rooms
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling 5 or more hours per day in administering resident care, i.e.: operating various resident care equipment, administering medication, etc
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection, also to read blood pressure gauges, etc
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body sounds, i.e. respirations, arrhythmias, bowel sounds, also to discern sounds made by various types of machinery or equipment, which would indicate dangerous or improper operation
- Maintains accountability for own behavior as well as those staff members being supervised
- Makes decisions based upon knowledge, skill, and use of nursing process
- Regulates own practice according to accepted Standards of Nursing Practice and Professional Code of Ethics
- Accepts Cedar Hill Nursing Home Mission Statement
Must be well groomed and dressed professionally at all times
Director of Nursing, ADNS
General Hours of Work
Hourly position up to 40 hours a week. Hours are generally Monday-Friday 9a-5:30p, as well as on call rotation. Days of the week and hours may vary based on the needs of the Skilled Nursing Facility, and can be flexible based on the position responsibilities.
- Assist DNS and ADNS in coordination of all clinical services within the Nursing Home
- Give support to the LNAs and Nurses on a daily basis as needed to complete tasks in a calm, orderly and professional manner. Participate in Huddles daily.
- Developing and updating care plans. Participating in individual care plan meetings and Medicare meeting with support from charge nurses and DON.
- Assist with referral reviews, admission and discharge processes.
- Assist with managing the needs of the nursing floor. This may include resident care, wound care with ADON, pharmacy issues needing resolution, med. Administration, direction of the work force during a critical time, any task that provide quality to the residents when needed.
- Responsible for MD and providers in clinical management of our residents. Rounds, clinical updates, orders, regulatory compliance related to medication management and clinical visit requirements.
- Leader for Weekly Risk Meetings
- Teaching a feeding course at least quarterly with Staff Education support, to all new staff that are required to have the feeding assistant certification
- Assisting in QAPI projects as directed by DON/ADNS.
- Ensuring audits are done in the nursing home to keep us in compliance with Policies and regulations. (DNS will give specific audit topics as required)
- On Call rotation in conjunction with the nurse management team within the nursing home
- Point Click Care trainer for clinical nursing home staff
- Follows established standards of nursing practice and helps implement Federal, State, and facility policies and procedures
- Demonstrates a positive, concerned and sensitive response in the workplace, with the ability to be clear and direct with staff on expectations both clinically and as team members.
- Assists in hands on clinical training for immediate education needs as it relates to individual resident care.
- ALNA program – Assist in training and setting up the schedule
- Perform other related duties as assigned