Inquiries: (866) 296-3716
Assistant Dietary Director and Cook
Cedar Hill Continuing Care Community
Position: Assistant Dietary Director and Cook
This full-time position backs up the Dietary Director in management responsibilities, including staff scheduling, food ordering, menu planning, dietician consultations, job coaching and other duties as assigned. This position will also fill in as a cook when needed..
This position will include early morning as well as evening hours and every other weekend.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare, season and cook meat, fish, fowl, vegetables, soups, and desserts.
- Apportions servings. Performs related duties and other duties as assigned.
- Handling and preparation of food in accordance with sanitary regulations.
- Preparation of food that is palatable and appetizing in appearance.
- Understands and can create therapeutic diets.
- Meets meal schedules.
- Avoids food waste.
- Cares for equipment and makes sure other staff do as well.
- Backs up Dietary Manager as stated above.
Qualifications and Skills
3-5 years experience in a healthcare kitchen, knowledge of menus and ticket systems.
Job Type: Full-time
- kitchen: 3 years
- Healthcare kitchen/management: 3 years