In our “Through the Years at Cedar Hill” series, we start in the 1960’s, at the beginning of Cedar Manor, the first nursing home on the property, opened by Louise and Charlie Schmitt in 1964. They owned Cedar Manor until 1978 when Louise retired. In 1988 Mary Louise Horn and her business partner Judy Brogren, both registered nurses working at Sullivan County Nursing home, decided to go out on their own. They sold all their belongings, bought the old house, barns and airplane hangar, and moved into a mobile home, also on the property, and got to work. They first renovated the original 1790’s home, then added a skilled nursing and rehab center in 1994, and later added The Village Assisted Living wing (more about that era to come in a later post). Mary Louise and her daughter Patricia Horn still co-own the property today.